USA Payroll HR SSC Supervisor Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
What you will do:
Job Scope & Purpose:
The HR SSC Payroll USA Supervisor manages the day to day operations of the Tier 1 (front office) and Tier 2 (back office) Payroll Analysts teams providing support and transactional services to employees, HRBPs and Managers across the region. This role is accountable for the service performance and control indicators, following the Call and Case Management Frameworks and other operational definitions and models. As a Leader, the HR SSC Payroll Supervisor is a role model on LEM behaviors, highly involved on its career development, providing constant guidance and feedback at a personal level. Active participation on Continuous Improvement and Service Evolution initiatives is required.
Holds responsibility on the relationship and defines work model with the CORP Payroll group, adjusting the model with the continue company changes. This includes also relationship with multiple areas and vendors.
How you will do it:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees the service delivery of the USA Payroll Processes:
- Off cycle payments
- One time payments
- Employee Payment election changes
- Over/under payments
- Stop payments.
- Employees Tax Elections changes
- Payroll Verification requests.
- Captiva system administration
- Payments Rejections
- Unemployment Claims
- Pay slips tool registrations (ADP / Meta4)
- Audits payments and or transactions
- Creates HR SSC operational communications to customers, employees or HR Professionals.
- Monitors and audits Key performance indicators and operational frameworks, provides comments and take actions to ensure goals completion, collaborates with leaders to define targets.
- Implements corrective and improvement actions for identified service defects, seeks preemptive solutions for potential future service issues and trends.
- Supports Payroll and Tax Manager and CORP Payroll team on the positive resolution of client escalations and urgent customer requests.
- Collaborates with Payroll T2 to increase team knowledge on the resolution of complex, cross functional or exception cases or transactions.
- Measures and analyze workloads, creates solutions to distribute work and make sure is align with operational needs and well balanced.
- Promotes, monitor and ensures there is a positive internal and external working relationship within the team and with external customers by frequently communication and feedback.
- Supports the Service Intake process by actively participating on the analysis of requirements, consolidation of information and presentation of facts and findings to management team for final decision.
- Participates on multiple HR SSC initiatives and assignations that focus on achieving improvement on diverse domains such as practices standardization, employee engagement, innovation, etc.
- Supports any Payroll regional initiative providing information, knowledge and seeking for efficiencies on the definition model.
- Partners and works with multiple areas for supporting and resolving both client and internal needs: HRBP, HR Technology Enablement, etc. Including internal customers like the different payroll areas.
- Monitors changes in Payroll and Tax indicators, collaborates with Payroll experts to adjust the service model/activities as needed.
- Identify new services to add into the service portfolio from the Payroll area.
- Attend escalated calls from Tier1’s and T2’s if needed.
- Measures and communicates to Analysts individual performance, developing and monitoring improvement plans if needed.
- Responsible for building Payroll team performance and group commitments to goals and objectives and measures results to improve transactional efficiencies.
- Manages the workforce planning needs and career development for the team.
- Achieves deadlines set by leadership and the business and proactively monitors and raises instances where deadlines cannot be met on a timely fashion.
- Dedicates time and effort to personnel development, including frequent one on one sessions with team members for providing relevant feedback, plan actions accordingly and measure progress.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring and retaining HR SSC Payroll staff, collaborates with Manger
What we look for:
• • Bachelor’s degree, Finance / accountant or business/international business preferred.
• 5 years of managerial experience within Payroll areas preferred.
• Experience working with SOX audit and compliance indicators.
• High English Proficiency (written and spoken), capable of delivering presentations and coordinating work teams in English.
• Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead and motivate others.
• Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
• Ability to understand and develop successfully partnerships with customers and peers.
• High Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
• High Customer Service orientation.
• High Performance Measurement orientation.
• High Continuous Improvement orientation.
• Ability to simplify complex HR processes and demonstrates value add to the business by improving metrics such as cost, productivity or quality.
• Experience on Payroll processes.
• Experience on ADP, People soft and or WD
Johnson Controls does not request pregnancy or HIV testing as a requirement for admission, permanence or promotion.