At the LEGO Group we collaborate to build an exceptional brand that inspires children, the builders of tomorrow.
We are looking for a temporary (6 month) Assistant in our Business Service Operation department who can contribute to the growth of our General Ledger department.Core Responsibilities
• Support GL team in transactional activities.
• Deliver a high performance, customer- and service oriented culture where the outside-in approach is starting point for all processes, understanding and anticipating to stakeholders’ needs.
• Point of contact for local and global banks.
• Secure that the balance banks accounts are according to the business needs.
• Follow up banks requisitions from stakeholders.
• Follow up on bank payments.
• Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations (local GAAPS and IFRS).
• Lead execution of GL processes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner, including:
• Monthly closing – Review P&L and Balance Sheet for reasonableness
• Booking economic transactions and operations
• Reconciliations (accounts, intercompany, bank, etc.) and translating business transactions into journal entries in accordance with IFRS to ensure all accounts are accurately stated in Legal books
• Provisions and Accruals
Play your part in our team succeeding
• Make sure we live our partner promise by ensuring high quality, stewardship and full compliance with the current Accounting Policy and global processes.
• Ensure timely, accurate and reliable transactional data recorded in general ledger and timely reconciliation of all accounts.
• Support partners with insightful and value-adding financial analyses, recurring statements and reporting bringing value to the overall business.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or in progress· 1-2 years experience in a finance function
• IT skills
• Microsoft Office at experienced level
• SAP knowledge preferably, or other ERP.
• Analytical, detail - and high-quality oriented
• A proactive mind with a can-do attitude.
• Personal drive and initiative, collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility with assigned business areas or other key stakeholders.
• English intermediate level
• Experience in accounting
• Preferably working experience in Shares Service Centre, where focus have been on optimization and process excellence