Tacit Knowledge is a consulting firm that specializes in software
development, system stabilization and Agile coaching. We understand what
it takes to retain talented, experienced people so we:
* Work with clients near our offices in San Francisco, Manhattan and London to minimize travel
* Expose our team to a wide range of business problems, clients, and technologies
* Offer a competitive base salary, full benefits and a progressive profit sharing plan
If you love to learn and want to work with smart, fun people on interesting problems, please apply.
The successful candidate will provide the right blend of leadership,
technical, and consulting skills to help its clients to develop custom
software, stabilize existing applications, and build systems and
processes to streamline software creation and deployment. Your mastery
of Agile Development, Java and J2EE coupled with a toolbox of other
languages (e.g. C#, Ruby, or Perl) will aid you in taking the lead when
consulting with your US and Europe based colleagues and clients. This is
an ideal position for a qualified individual to build a mid to
senior-level software development team. It will allow you to become
involved with the executive management team in realizing the company's
strategic initiatives for the coming years.
As a Lead Software Developer for Tacit Knowledge, you will be
responsible for delivering software solutions and leadership in the
• Recruit, hire, and lead a team of mid to senior developers working
on joint US/Mexico software projects using XP engineering practices;
• Use Agile software development (Scrum and/or XP) to manage successful projects;
• Design and develop custom software for our clients;
• Expertly execute on the projects you lead and aid the professional growth of staff members;
• Be the senior point of contact with your US-colleague on each client project;
• Perform architecture assessments and code reviews;
• Provide technical leadership to your team
• Stabilize mission-critical systems;
• Communicate with clients, project managers and other software developers on multiple projects.
The following skills and experience you will bring to Tacit Knowledge will be critical to your success:
• 8—10 years experience developing software programs, with a minimum
of three years staffing and leading a software development team;
• Expert in Java and J2EE coupled with a toolbox of other languages (e.g. C#, Ruby, or Perl);
• Must be fluent in English, both oral and written;
• Ability to provide expertise on networks, database optimization, and application frameworks;
• Familiarity with Scrum or Extreme Programming project methods;
• Ability to mentor in a team environment and communicate effectively
with clients, across a range of industries with diverse technologies;
• Experience in a professional consulting environment is a must;
* Experience working as a professional consultant. Bonus points if you’ve been the primary point of contact with clients.
* Experience working as a manager or director in a software engineering organization (provided you still sling code)
* Experience working as the architect of a large software engineering effort
* Experience collaborating with remote/offshore development teams
* Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following: networks, systems, database optimization or application frameworks
* BS in Computer Science. We won’t hold a Masters or a PHD against you
* Experience building large ecommerce systems or other high availability web-based applications
* Polished presentation skills
How to Apply:
* Write a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not
be considered. We need people who can write code and English. Please
discuss why this job sounds like a good fit for you.
* When you finish your job application we'll show how you are connected
to our team on Linked
In. We strongly prefer applications with
endorsements. Please ask anyone we know in common to endorse your job
Tacit Knowledge offers a highly competitive base salary and provides a
full range of benefits, including a progressive bonus plan. If you
believe your skills and experience match this position at the
Guadalajara Office and you would like to work for a company that
believes software is a craft, apply now.
Deloitte es una de las organizaciones líderes en servicios profesionales en el mundo, gracias al esfuerzo continuo y talento de nuestra gente. Juntos sumamos...
Desde Deloitte - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace 14 días
Empresa líder en instalaciones de Software para la instalación de GPS está en búsqueda de talento para formar parte de su equipo de trabajo como: Analista de...
Desde Multicont, S.A. De C.V. - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace 14 días
Responsabilidades: Traducir los requisitos empresariales en soluciones bien diseñadas. Liderar sesiones de diseño técnico; Arquitecto y documentar soluciones...
Desde People At - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace 14 días