Technical Accountant I
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Reinsurance provides clients and brokers with reinsurance products, insurance-based capital market instruments and risk management services. Reinsurance operates globally through two segments – Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Reinsurance revenues totaled USD 29 billion in 2016.
About the role
Ensures timely, accurate and quality assured processing of client data on to admin systems to support internal and external requirements by also managing cash flow.
Dedicated to booking and processing premiums and claims (accounts receivable and accounts payable), and any associated revenue and expenses.
Responsible for monitoring quality of controls within TA. Manages processes such as Premium validation, Profit Commission and general data analytical requests,
Responsible for the analysis, mapping, coding, testing and production support of all client electronic data. Project manages the delivery of all data portfolios using a combination of business knowledge and IT skills. Actively works with all stakeholders to understand deliverables and and expectations.
Operational responsibility to handle set of clients/portfolio. Independent and efficient end-to-end handling of such portfolio including but not limited to the following:
Drive the business: Exercise business judgment, Focus on the client, Drive sustainable performance
- Technical verification of statements of account received from clients, per reinsurance agreements
- Account Processing, per guidelines/processes set which may include claims escalations to our Claims Department
- Balance Settlement with External Clients according to reinsurance terms and agreements
- Cash Flow Management: timely collection of Accounts Receivables, keeping track of Financials within portfolio assigned
- Business correspondence in Portuguese and English languages with internal and external clients via email, phone calls, and even visits
- Ensure that agreed priorities, deadlines and service standards are achieved
- Achieve and or excel agreed KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Targets set
Show True Teamwork: Inspire and engage, Collaborate
- Constantly looking to enhance the service standards and quality
- Proactive investigation, analysis and interpretation of processed accounting information
- Regular reporting to supervisor and internal stakeholders
- Sharing information with other Team Members and working cross functionally, if needed
Take personal accountability: Improve continually, Stand for integrity, Navigate Ambiguity
- Data Quality control and risk management related activities according to internal guidelines
- Clarify deviations, incorrect data with SR's internal departments and/or with the clients
- Contact internal and external clients directly (either written or verbal) to clarify and resolve any operational issues like missing accounting information, incorrect data, payment delays etc.
- Escalation to Business Management Team Members to escalate issues or critical cases
About the team
Technical Accounting function takes care of end-to-end process of managing the L&H reinsurance account, cash flow and data quality of the responsible portfolio. The portfolio consists of set of our clients who are primarily insurance companies and brokers.
TA ensures that our clients submit timely and quality account as per contractual wording, analysis and processing of the reinsurance data and overall cash flow management. It is largely the TA function who receives and manages the client data post singing a contract between SR and the client and has a high impact on downstream functions like Finance, Actuary, Underwriters and Client Markets and has a direct influence on technical and financial figures of Swiss Re.
All this is only possible through a good understanding of re-insurance concept, accounting principles and understanding of our clients. The position-holder is required to work within a set framework of processes and guidelines and continuously improve the situation to meet the agreed set of KPI deliverables. The TA has to look for opportunities within the core process to create value (qualitative and quantitative) of Swiss Re and external clients. The role also includes strong interaction with our internal functions and regular interaction with external clients (via email, phone and visits)
Insurance/Reinsurance background (L&H preferable)
University degree preferably in the area of finance, actuary, accounting, economics or administration
Language skills: Fluent or Advanced in Portuguese, English, Spanish (preferable) written, spoken, listening
Very good comprehension of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
Good at numbers, strong analytical skills –detail oriented
Good verbal and written business communication skills
Good team player, diligent and accurate working style
Good process and quality understanding
Good understanding of accounting Target awareness
Positive attitude towards a dynamic and international environment
Solid and reliable performer
Solid understanding of interfaces and functions
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the practice of the Company to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Community AssociateAbout the RoleA Community Associate is the primary point of contact for the community and acts as the “face” of WeWork.Goals and...
Desde Wework - Nuevo León
Publicado hace un mes
Contract Job LevelJob Job Fixed-term contract: No Status Full Time Anticipated Start Date 2018-06-01Essential and optional requirements Please click onAPPLY...
Desde Fairmont Mayakoba - Quintana Roo
Publicado hace un mes
DescripciónEmpresa dedicada a la fabricación de medicamentos, ubicada al oriente de la ciudad, con gran interés de desarrollo personal y profesional de sus...
Desde Grupo Somar - Estado de México
Publicado hace un mes
What You'll Do Cisco seeks Customer Support Engineers to join some of the industry brightest minds in developing and deploying today most advanced Internet...
Desde Cisco Systems, Inc - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace un mes