Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a JMP Systems Engineer to provide technical pre-sale and post-sale support to JMP clients utilizing extensive knowledge of industry and industry statistical processes.
- Utilizing strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts
- Prepare custom presentations and product demonstrations based on opportunity analysis
- Provide timely follow up and communications to prospects and JMP team
- JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with Account Executive
- Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth
- Work effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets
- Customizing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars
- Providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Assist with training of staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical marketing, technical support, or a related area
- 1 or more year(s) of experience using applied statistics in an industry
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Up to 50% travel within the territory area is required.
- Preferred location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Experience in a quantitative field applying analytics or statistics using JMP or SAS in one of our industry domains.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.