At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today. Description:
This position will help to reduce shortages and at the same time to optimize the purchasing activities.
Position intended to have an impact to supplier performance and in the flow of material to production
- To plan the purchases based in Oracle System
- Placing purchase orders to suppliers on time using Oracle tools, ASCP and specific customer requests.
- Implement and maintain the Ultriva Kanban system as required.
- Provide the customer with delivery dates and request dates to confirm orders.
- Follow up and get involved in corrective actions with suppliers and verify their effectiveness.
- Manage rejected material to suppliers and maintain records in Oracle.
- Request authorization to place purchase orders for low volume items according to the policies
- Support on resolve issues related to billing and receiving.
- Manage activities and goals indicators (RDSL) and promises (PDSL).
- Manage and measure PPM'S in the machining area.
- Participate in business reviews with suppliers.
- Provide monthly presentations of INV / DOH (days in inventory) according to the requirements.
- Coordinate production forecasts and inventories with suppliers.
- Manage the inventory veracity and the short of material in the machining area.
- Tracking castings' deliveries.
- Monitor quality results in the receiving area to ensure the viability of the inventory.
- Make feedback casting's quality results.
- Evaluate and develop new suppliers in Supply chain, machining, foundry and machining.
- Register new suppliers in the systems according the ASL & Sourcing Rules parameters
- Responsible for the suppliers OTD, as well as generate plans of actions to improve them
- Obtain quotations from suppliers for development products.
- Communicate product specifications to supplier.
- Solve the problems between the machining and production areas.
- Responsible to participate and meet the training programs.
- Active participation on cost reduction.
- Comply with internal rules and all procedures and regulations.
- Execute all tasks requested by his or her immediate boss.
- Authority to stop immediately any process that does not meet the requirements: quality, safety and environmental consequence can be at risk the client satisfaction and integrity, physical integrity of each individual in the plant and equipment or facilities. If this authority is exercised should be warned immediately to your supervisor to make their knowledge and be resolved satisfactorily before they resume the normal operation.
- Cost reduction; continuous improvement.
- This position will not be limited to working only with the departments of the plant but will be able to interact with other departments and plants if required by management.
- Bilingual preferred
- Knowledge in BOM, planning, forecasts, MRP and Kanban
- Knowledge in production systems, Inventory systems: AS400, BPCS, Kronos, MRP, Oracle, JD Edwards.
- Knowledge in Technics negotiation, Analytical skills, communication, to solve problems and work team.
- Knowledge in quality standards: ISO, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans.
- Interpretation of drawings and understanding of tolerances and geometric dimensions.
- Management of Microsoft Office, excellent domain of Excel.
- At least 7 years of experience proved in Materials department as Buyer (foundries and castings preferable).
- MRP systems management, Oracle preferable
- Bachelor's degree required.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to click apply.
Al menos 8 años de experiencia dentro de industria de Químicos, Hidrocarburos, Inglés conversacional Empresa internacional de sector Oil & Gas Las...
Desde Pagepersonnel - Veracruz
Publicado hace un mes
Empresa de Servicios de Seguridad e Higiene Industrial (SAVE) solicita:Analista de Ingeniería (Recien egresados de Ingeniería Ambiental o Industrial - sin...
Desde Kelly Services ( Save ) - Estado de México
Publicado hace un mes
Estamos buscando tu talento en el área de Médico general para laborar en Industria Automotriz Ubicada en Toluca de Lerdo. Zona de trabajo: Parque Industrial El...
Desde Great To Work - Estado de México
Publicado hace 20 días
Estamos contratando Jardinero con experiencia -Uso de herramientas de jardineri´a (desbrozadora, tractor y podadora) -Fa´cil acceso a la zona -Documentacio´n...
Desde Servi Pres - Jalisco
Publicado hace 20 días