3330472 Steam Turbine Mechanical Design Engineer (E2) Power Gas Power Systems
1. Responsible and accountable for all project activities assigned to you and ensure timely communication on status updates, identification of risks, achievable and workable mitigation etc., with internal customers
2. Work according to the Steam Turbine Design practices, GE Policies and procedures and any special security requirements
3. Work in multiple projects, monitoring progress and quality and ensuring schedule requirements are met
4. Provide technical engineering support to improve design, performance, manufacturing, supplier or field issues
5. Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers, document technical data generated or acquired to substantiate the assigned components, assemblies, processes or systems consistent with engineering policies and procedures
6. Monitor, communicate and act on project status, related activities and establish corresponding schedule for key deliverable and associated milestones
7. Solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals
8. Participate/Review in technical customer design reviews, prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
9. Conduct assessments and develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems, document and communicate results of technical data generated
10. Effective communicate and provide recommendations to internal customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data
11. Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
12. · Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
13. Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define, and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
The Steam Turbine Mechanical Design Engineer will lead projects and perform requisition activities of Rotor, bucket, diaphragm or seal components, in New units and CMU. You will be responsible of assigned component and lead the design, drawing reviews, manufacturing and installation support.
• MS degree. Degree must be in a Mechanical Engineering related field.
• At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in Mechanical Design.
• Demonstrated Project Management skills.
• Sense of urgency to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of an organization and demonstrated leadership to pursue correct engineering.
• Demonstrates unyielding integrity in all business dealings and decisions.
• Build trust & commitment with internal teams... develop personal connections with people.
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for legal permits or visas .
• If currently a GE employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 18 months and have at least a satisfactory performance rating.
• In case of being a GEIQ employee, you must have previously occupied a position as an E1, E2, D1, D2.
• CATIA, UG knowledge.
• Solid contribution in a similar role or previous position.
• Demonstrated outstanding technical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Effective team building and interpersonal skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com