3427625 Sr Engineering Manager - Functional Management Gas Power Engineering
GE Gas Power
- As Section Manager for Applications Engineering, you will be responsible for enabling Gas Power as a leading business by working closely with customers to deliver on-time/cost, creative and differentiated New Units and Services (Conversion, Modification and Upgrade) solutions that ensure customer success and promote global and regional growth.
- Lead and manage a team of Gas Power Applications and Regional Applications engineers, owning all aspects of technical sales support for New Units and Services. Responsible for customer solutions development and business pipeline creation.
- Lead and manage a team of Gas Power Services Requisitions engineers, owning all aspects of technical project implementation for Services CM&U.
- Partner with the product line, sales, commercial and regional AE & OTR teams to drive ITO (Inquiry to Order) and OTR (Order to Remittance) excellence, embracing the use and proliferation of technical knowledge, analytical tools and market intelligence to expand the market penetration of our Gas Power solutions.
- Promote and foster a global culture and environment of testing and learning that promotes taking additional educated risk.
- Incorporate “forward leaning technologies”, identifying and quantifying both the improved customer value, as well as the potential increase in technical risk
•Be bold with outcomes and smart with commitments.
- Work with General Manager on the Vision and Objectives for the technology at GEIQ, to balance regional and global needs and priorities.
Work with Applications Engineering General Manager to develop, establish, and execute global strategies and initiatives.
- Manage critical KPIs (i.e. Pipeline creation, proposal OTD, hit rate, discoveries).
- Support sales targets.
- Be accountable for ITO productivity targets and aggressive deadlines.
- Promote, train and support regional teams to strengthen their technical knowledge and to ensure the use of common platforms and tools across the entire global network of Applications and Services OTR engineers.
- Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in power plant equipment in order to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality assurance, performance enhancements, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs.
- Drive Competitive Intensity by fostering a team culture and overall environment of testing and learning promoting educated risk taking.
- Lead the communication of technical information with customers through meetings and presentations, whether for site / fleet specific solutions or through industry related conferences.
- Embrace and drive a global culture of continuous quality improvement, working in a boundaryless fashion and fostering the early detection of quality issues and risks as well as promoting lean processes that drive fulfillment excellence.
- Fully responsible for preparing and delivering Section information needed for OP, SI and SII, People Review, and Technical Session C.
The Section Manager for Applications Engineering will provide overall leadership and technical direction for Applications and Regional Applications (for both for New Units and Services), as well as Services Requisitions engineering for all Gas Power technologies (Gas and Steam Turbines, Generators, Aero-derivatives). This position will report regionally to the GEIQ General Manager, and globally to the Applications Engineering General Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Solid experience in a Section Manager, Subsection Manager (Gerente Operativo) or Senior Technical (Senior Engineer/ Senior Staff Engineer) role within GEIQ or an equivalent role outside GEIQ.
- Solid experience in direct customer interaction, as well as in ITO and/or OTR for Gas Power products.
- Demonstrated outstanding technical skills and experience aligned with the team’s scope.
- Excellent customer focus mindset and power market awareness.
- Experience successfully communicating with executives, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding technical contributions to the team.
- Demonstrated experience in end-customer interaction and problem resolution.
- Ability to communicate/interface effectively with all internal organizational levels and external customers.
- High degree of expertise and autonomy in management of budgets, HC, and program approval.
- Able to propose, initiate and coordinate relevant projects with greater autonomy/ownership.
- Experience managing high levels of conflict and labor issues.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills or the ability to document, plan, market, execute, control, close, and manage programs, projects, orders, activities, or systems.
- Highly independent management of GE processes.
- Effective team building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent evidence of Strategic planning and execution.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally 25% of time.
- Be able to maintain a normal day-to-day fluid conversation in English on any topic with few mistakes (mistakes that do not affect clear understanding).
- Have fluency, rhythm, and enough self-confidence in the language to be able to handle meetings and conversations.
- In case of being a GEIQ Employee, you must have previously occupied a position as Sub-Section Manager, Senior Engineer, Senior Staff Engineer or Section Manager.
- Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for legal permits of visas.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com