RTR Senior Accountant At Johnson Controls, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people all over the world. How do we do this? By working together on holistic solutions for smarter buildings and cities today and tomorrow. By protecting people and the environment. By giving back in the communities we live in. By solving today’s challenges while constantly asking ‘what’s next?’ So, what’s next in your future?
Create your next opportunity and join us as an RTR Senior Accountant to join our Record to Report department in San Pedro, Mexico.
What you will do:
Job Scope & Purpose:
By joining Johnson Controls, you’ll be part of a team that plays an essential role in helping to create a safe, comfortable and sustainable world. As a globally diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees work to create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to create smart cities and communities.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders in everything that we do.
Our Record to Report team are responsible for completing general accounting transactions across the JCI business portfolio, whilst at the same time, ensuring that we meet our internal and external reporting and control requirements. This role provides excellent opportunities to apply existing skills in a complex and interesting environment, whilst developing your professional profile through the use of varied ERPs, directly enhancing your career potential.
How you will do it:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
In your role as an RTR Senior Accountant you will be responsible for the recording of all relevant transactions into the General Ledger and the reconciliation some of our most complex accounts on a monthly basis. You will also support other finance operations by providing timely reporting as needed. This role interacts with a wide range of internal stakeholders including other internal finance teams and local business finance leads.
In your day to day role, you will be expected to complete the appropriate actions for your ledger in a timely and accurate manner to enable to correct reporting of the business’ financial performance. With a strong analytical approach, you will support the business by understanding and implementing improvements to our control environments including internal compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
You will also have the opportunity to assist in our standardization efforts, as we work towards consistent and consolidated processes and systems throughout JCI globally, and support junior colleagues as a point of escalation.
What we look for:
- Advanced / Fluent English, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in accounting or Business finance
- 4+ Years in complex accounting role
- Part or fully qualified accountant (CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good accounting skills and IT literacy; (including intermediate skills in Microsoft® Excel), including
- Ability to utilize basic formulas
- Utilize Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Excellent customer service, organizational, communication, and follow-up skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment while meeting deadlines
- Ability to perform moderately complex account reconciliation preferred
- Experience with ERPs (i.e. SAP, Oracle, iScala) an advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in reconciling accounts along with demonstrated capability of presenting outcomes to stakeholders
- Solid self-management
- Innovative and constantly looking for opportunities to improve within a controls environment
- Experience of working in Shared Service Centre/Retained/Outsourced environment an advantage
Johnson Controls does not request pregnancy or HIV testing as a requirement for admission, permanence or promotion.