Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an Account Executive to be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts in the Public Sector.
- Sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; work with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory (government).
- Fulfill wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifie level of opportunity and resources required.
- Prospect within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identifie accounts with high "close" potential, qualifie, advance opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- Work closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities.
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; work with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Fully utilize account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques
- knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences
- Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a sales plan
- ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.