3329705 Senior Counsel - Commercial Power Headquarters GE Power
- Support GE Power commercial teams in Latin America on a wide variety of legal issues related to the business operations and commercial transactions; as well as review, advise and negotiate transaction and long-term services agreements, contracts for the sale of turbine and generators, as well as turn-key EPC contracts.
- Structure, negotiate and document commercial transactions and support such activities.
- Collaborate with commercial team and support both market and product development to support business objectives in the region.
- Advise on relevant Legal issues pertaining to projects in the Region and support significant execution issues, including review and defense of customer and/or subcontractor claims and engineering reports.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of relevant industries in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business from a legal standpoint.
- Train commercial team on GE's policies and terms and conditions.
- Work as part of the Legal team to drive strategic initiatives for GE Power in the region.
- Senior Legal Counsel to join the Latin America GE Power team.
- This position will be based in Mexico or Houston, reporting solid line to Latin America GE Power General Counsel.
- Will be responsible for all legal matters in support of our GE Power in Latin America.
- The Senior Legal Counsel will be expected to work as part of the GE Power Legal team providing support to the GE Power businesses.
- Qualified lawyer – licensed to practice law at his/her location (LL.M./Master of Laws desired). Minimum 12 years of experience.
- Demonstrable fluency in English and Spanish, including ability to draft and negotiate and present legal and business documents in both languages.
- Substantial Legal experience, preferably including time spent both with a leading law firm and in-house with a large multinational corporation, that includes: Extensive “hands-on” commercial contractual legal experience, and in relevant commercial transaction area(s) (including experience with EPC contracts); Sound judgment in developing and implementing legal strategies and procedures.
- Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, an aptitude for practical negotiation, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
- Commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion for excellence.
- A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership, and ability to persuade and push others to deliver on commitments.
- Superior negotiating skills and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity
- Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other software such as redlining tools.
- Project management and prioritization skills.
- Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic abilities.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com