Mission/ Propose Position
Manage the Sales Department activities that facilitate our customer (General Motors) and their Air Induction System (AIS) product requirements. Identify key acquisition targets and drive quotation process from Mexico leading an international team located in Rochester, NH and Rochester Hills, MI. Deliver offers and negotiate pricing. Stay abreast of market conditions and the potential impact on the business model. Work closely with plant management, head of sales, and other sales colleagues to keep SLP plant operating at a high level of capacity being cautions so as not to exceed plant capacity with new business.
1. Leads customer contact for all new products requirements until customer Initial Sample (IS) release, for following items : Prices, delivery time, planning, and packaging for prototype, pre-serial and IS parts. Coordinates with global customer contacts within company and responsible to obtain & distribute internally all customer specific requirements.
2. Expected to have detailed understanding of customer market trends, risks & chances, and build rates & capacities to provide FC and Budget information to Head of Sales. Responsible to issue debit/credit notes and to provide information to Head of Sales for accrual building in Controlling when necessary (price change known but not yet applied in customer order, i.e.: annual price reduction).
3. Manage customer quotation process = Provide Request for Quotation (RFQ) details to involved departments (Engineering, Project Mgmt, IE, Purchasing, Controlling). Support Inside Sales and/or participate in Inquiry/Contract Reviews and collect information in coordination with Inside Sales for cost calculation and PCIS. Owner of PCIS submission and approval process, with support from Controlling - expected to be highly detailed and very accurate. Prepare and deliver offer after Head of Sales approval (double signature necessary).
4. Responsible to validate prices on customer orders against offers and to maintain sales prices in SAP accordingly. Responsible for the creation of SAP master data, in coordination with Inside Sales, for: - new customers (sold & ship to party address, DUNS no., VAT no, bank account…) - new products: initialize article creation in SAP (prototype, serial numbers) and follow it until active in system. - new scheduling agreements. Responsible to introduce first manual requests in SAP, for material ordering, if customer schedule is not yet available.
5. Regular management of customer Internet/Portal platform (prices, tooling) in coordination with Inside Sales, focusing on maintenance of quality data in customer portals relating to the commercial aspects of the business. Assists and promotes internal understanding of customer portals relevant for other departments (Quality, Engineering, Project Management, Logistics, etc.). Coordinate Change Management activities with Project Management and Inside Sales (introduction of new or modified parts on existing platform).
6. Support Inside Sales with prototype orders according to customers request and follow/manage deliveries. Support Inside Sales with pre-production sampling and IS orders according to customer needs and follow/manage deliveries. Responsible to acquire and follow customer tool orders until payment (including follow up of tool amortization on piece price and reporting to Controlling on monthly basis). Communicate key customer milestones to Project Managers and Inside Sales. Participate in Project teams for new Project or transfer project as sales representative for his/her customers. Participate in visits to customers in support/request of Key Account Managers including site visits to Detroit & Somersworth facilities.
• Experience working with Ford, GM, and or FCA
• Knowledge of Customer General Motors
• Sales Experience
• Project Management skills
• Strong MS Office skills
• Experience with SAP a plus
• AIS / Blow Molding / Injection Molding Knowledge a plus
• Bachelors Degree required (Business or Engineering preferred)
• 5 to 7 years of Automotive Sales required.
• Plastics Knowledge a plus
• Leading a multicultural team from remote locations through the quotation process
Takes full responsibility for assuring the project team delivers, the project quality results and ensures customer objectives are met. Reinforces customer...
Desde Plastic Omnium - San Luis Potosí
Publicado hace un mes
Job Summary Directs Quality Engineers in operating within area of assigned responsibilities. Represents the quality function of technical support, in...
Desde Jabil - Baja California
Publicado hace un mes
Description Professional qualification, with strong commercial focus. 8+ years experience, preferably in a large, international corporate manufacturing...
Desde Sanmina Corporation - Jalisco
Publicado hace un mes