The Finance and Accounting Advanced Accountant will be reporting directly to a process supervisor and may be aligned by Business and/or countries.
• Perform the accounting operations of upstream processes and drive discussion with process owners for issue resolution, facilitate and connect the dots on process improvement initiatives, perform and deliver other critical analysis and ad-hoc requests if needed
• According to GE policies and procedures, deliver on a timely manner and quality, and may perform the review of some processes, of the following: Account reconciliation, Manual journal entries, Periodic balance sheet analysis, Analysis on DRs report variances, and Edit Checks cleanup.
• Actively support to internal and external audit procedures.
• Execute and implement strategic projects around simplification, automation, process synergies, and transitions.
• Actively engage with process stakeholders (internally and externally) to drive valuable operational rhythm discussions.
• To drive processes compliant with acceptable accounting policies and procedures.
• Comply with all general internal policies, act with integrity, foster a collaborative team environment, complete recurrent mandatory trainings.
• Excellent communication skills written and speak
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Curious to navigate upstream in the process and courageous to make decisions
• Ability to think differently seeking for digital solutions and process transformation opportunities
• Proven experience utilizing ERPs such as SAP and Oracle, and Microsoft Office package
• Proactive attitude to design, propose, and implement process changes
• Able to navigate through the organization and interact across different levels
• Customer driven mindset and excellent soft skills to develop strong relationship and team player attitude
• Ability to stay focus on a dynamic environment and resilient to changes
• Proficiency in English language
• Basic Spanish skills is desirable, Portuguese is a plus
• Experience with Latin America market is a plus
• 3 years’ experience working on Finance/Accounting/Controllership related processes, preferable with proven experience in multi-national companies
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in accounting, finance, or another business-related field
• Process improvement certifications is a plus such as Six Sigma, Green Belt, Black Belt
• Proven experience working with and/or implementing automation tools is a plus (RPA, IPA, Macros, Machine learning, etc…)
Strong analytical skills, highly detail oriented, demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, broad understanding of accouting funtions and processes, ability to prioritize/multitask, Adaptable/flexible