The Project Manager will create a structured and consistent approach for scoping and tracking projects related to addressing current and future regulatory concerns, make sure issues, risks, and dependencies are properly identified and escalated
Be the centralized hub of all communication and control across the various projects involved by managing a detailed plan of all activities and dependencies across teams
Facilitate risk mitigation and issue resolution that impact multiple teams by engaging appropriate stakeholders from all projects and other business units as needed
Provide end-to-end coordination, visibility and governance over planning & delivery to achieve the defined strategic objectives of the Program.
Formalize Governance framework including roles and responsibilities.
Develop PMO charter and follow the guidelines from the PMO AMEX model.
Define Program criteria of deliverables layout, standardize working progress, standardize SharePoint libraries and subsites and communicate across work streams. The objective is to facilitate the work to auditors that will review the SharePoint when the project finalizes.
Map regulatory commitments to work streams
Confirm work streams and owners/leads
Define projects and associated milestones management
Consolidate revised/new project scoping documents
Build a consolidated plan
Create bi-weekly status reports for program and projects
Escalate appropriate risks and issues to Steering Committee
Manage program / project change control management requests
Steering Committee updates
Bank and AXP Board updates
Project Capability Development
Robustness and integrity of reporting
Resolution of priority conflicts
Visibility of strategic alignment
Risk management within acceptable tolerances
Develop an integrated Master Schedule with deliverables and working progress of all work streams.
Inform the differences between the actual progresses against planned milestones.
Inform the Overall Project Health (with RAG for the schedule, the scope, the resource and overall).
Overview changes in processes and planning and report on implications of Approved Changes.
Manage a risks, issues, actions and decisions plan (RAID).
Develop, implement and maintain a Reporting and Escalation Framework.
Monitor that the documentation uploaded to SharePoint complies with AmEx Collaboration Site Guidelines.
Why American Express?There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of Project Management.
• Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
• Effectively frames and shapes conversations. Can deliver difficult messages well.
• Identifies key data sources and utilizes data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions.
• Demonstrates a strong dedication to serving customers.
• Can successfully negotiate and close a deal.
• Demonstrates prudent judgment when making important decisions by utilizing knowledge of industry best practices and current trends.
• Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong, collaborative relations.
• Have oversight of projects and their major interdependencies.
• Provide advice and guidance to Work streams and to leadership on program management requirements.
• Provide advice and guidance to Work streams and to leadership on schedule, interdependencies, change, cost, risks, issues, reporting and quality.
• Play a central role in defining program management methods, standards and practices, embedding a set of processes, standards and templates which aid the delivery of projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s a plus
• English at advanced level
• Computer programs knowledge: Word, Excel (advanced level), Project , Visio
• Project Management Certification PMP or equivalent
• Customer Service
• Status Reporting
• Decision Making
• Promote Consistency
• Facilitate Issue Resolution
• The role requires experience within Project Managing procedures and market best practices in order to improve company standards.
• Typically 7 years of experience in related field
• Knowledge about banking and/or financial services
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 30, 2019, 11:40:55 AM