There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175:year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Mfg. Systems Application DBA
Primary Location: Mexico (MX): Coahuila (MX:COA): Torreon
Function: Information Technology
John Deere is a foremost leader in the ag equipment business, and we continue to put a solid stamp on other industries. For over 150 years, the company's portfolio of groundbreaking products has grown to include industries related to and outside of agriculture, including Turf, Construction and Forestry and Wind Technologies. The image of John Deere is no longer that of a signature green tractor meandering across a field; it's been replaced with an image of acceleration, swift progress, and innovative leaping toward the company's 200th year. The product line alone serves as proof with advances in machine performance, equipment automation, fleet management, and John Deere's ongoing investment in emerging markets.
Our IT professionals have the opportunity to participate not only in the daily IT activities, but also in areas where IT is being used as a competitive advantage in our business for product development, production and services. Additionally, working as a member of an aligned, high:performing, cross:functional team, an IT professional at JohnDeere has opportunity information technologies to improve our business processes and product quality.
What You'll Do
As an Application DBA primary responsibilities include:
- DB Object Design and Changes Management.
- High Availability and Recovery.
- DB Tuning.
- Capacity Planning.
- Monitoring App Performance.
- Audit and Security.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Assist on definition of hardware/license for database instance hosting.
- Apply New Approved Technologies and Tools
- Physical Design, Standards and Tools Development.
- DB Error Debugging.
- Query consultation.
- Coordinate test environment refresh.
- Follow up and work with the Corporate IT Oracle and SQL Database Team on common tasks and on troubleshooting issues.
What It Takes
- 5 year experience as an Oracle DBA.
- Experience in performance tuning, disaster recovery, high availability of database systems.
- Experience in use and evaluation of monitoring tools for databases.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative, global team environment.
- Provides exceptional customer support to business partners.
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends in both scheduled and on call situations.
- Good communication and listening skills, and ability to adapt and learn new skills.
- High level of job responsiveness, good organizational skills, ability to multi:task and attention to detail.
- Experience with UNIX or LINUX.
- Oracle Certification.
- 2 year experience as SQL Server DBA.
- SQL Server Training.
-Ability to analyze, translate and define application needs into technical solutions.
- Experience in Oracle Application Development (3+ years).
- Experience in managing projects to evaluate and implement new technologies and technology features.
- Experience in supporting large RDMS systems (1 TB +).
- Experience working on an Agile team.
Bachelors degree in Information Technology Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
What You'll Get
We extend our values to the way we take care of our employees, providing a comprehensive range of benefits that help us retain the best and brightest p
• The Sr. Payroll Accountant will be responsible of: o Process all the activities related to payroll including checks, taxes, employee benefits payments, etc. o...
Desde Stryker Professional Latin America, S. De R.L. De C.V. - Baja California
Publicado hace un mes
• Dar soporte a producción, inspecciona, audita y resuelve problemas, interpretación de datos, habilidad para trabajar en equipo. • Facilita y participa en...
Desde Baja Industries, S. De R.L. De C.V. - Baja California
Publicado hace 21 días
Servicio al cliente Experiencia y requisitos: Dominio del idioma inglés, disponibilidad de tiempo, edad de 18 a 30 años; Mandar CV A CORREO ELECTRONICO...
Desde Hotel Misión Grand Juriquilla - Querétaro
Publicado hace 20 días
Elaboracion de facturas electronicas reportes en excel coordinar el departamento de facturación Experiencia y requisitos: habilidad en captura preparatoria o...
Desde Frutierrez - Baja California
Publicado hace 18 días