Amazon Web Services (AWS) obsesses over customers; delivering results for customers is what we do. We are looking for an independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professional with expertise and experience in leading the development of financial regulatory standards related to security and resiliency, translating complex regulatory expectations on the use of technology services into operational solutions, transforming the regulatory and market environment for emerging technologies through broad stakeholder engagement, and executing effective senior-level engagement to assist our customers in moving their sensitive, regulated workloads to the cloud.
This candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements and can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing. This position will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, financial institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. This role, as part of the AWS Security Assurance team, requires the ability to develop long-term projects and define processes and methods to ensure execution and productivity across multiple internal and external stakeholders, including customers and regulatory agencies.
- Open and maintain markets for financial services entities’ use of cloud services in advanced and developing economies by engaging a wide variety of stakeholders (e.g., regulators, academic institutions, industry associations) and addressing requirements related to outsourcing, cybersecurity, and operational resilience.
- Anticipate new or potential domestic and regional laws and regulations for potential impact to AWS and our customers and develop appropriate mitigation and implementation approaches. Escalate and manage escalations as necessary.
- Develop and execute long-term regulatory projects and initiatives, which may have broad scope and complexity, for AWS and our financial services customers.
- Create, optimize, and support cross-functional groups and projects.
- Develop thought leadership material on cloud and emerging technologies for regulators and customers.
- Manage tight deadlines and drive for results, while being extremely detail orientated
- Prepare project plans and track projects through fruition.
- Support metrics, implement data collections mechanisms, analyze data and make recommendations.
The position will be based out of Mexico City, Mexico.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 5+ years of experience in financial regulatory compliance, banking or non-banking supervision and examination, and technology, security, and operational resilience in a financial institution or regulatory agency.
· 5+ years of experience working directly with senior government officials, boards of directors, and executives on financial regulatory, technology, or related issues.
· 5+ years of experience internalizing and/or influencing national, international, and sectoral laws and regulations.
· Advanced degree in related area of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Cyber Security, IT Security Management).
· Familiarity with cloud computing, technology risks, security and outsourcing.
· Fluency in Spanish and English. Portuguese is a plus.
· Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at senior and executive levels.
· Experience and proficiency in public speaking
· Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
· Ability to investigate and analyze technical and regulatory issues with applicability to AWS services.
· Domestic and global travel may be required 30%-50%.