For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors: Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
- Works on basic assignments following established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Master Batch Records and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Performs routine tasks associated with aseptic processing, dispensing, compaction, granulation, milling and coating.
- Reports to Team Lead on a regular basis on line performance and report any issues that need to be resolved.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of issues and escalates when required.
- Organizes routine tasks in an effective manner.
- Prepares equipment and components for sterilization.
- Operates processing equipment including autoclaves, ovens, vial washers, and depyrogenation tunnel.
- Cleans (manually and clean-in-place), assembles and disassembles equipment for production.
- Performs clean-in-place and sterilization-in-place of tanks.
- Performs annealing and sterile filtrations of products.
- Operates vial capper, unloads product from lyophilizers, and packs off unloaded vials from lyophilizers and liquid fill line.
- Performs Basic Oracle and MES (Manufacturing Execution System) transactions.
- Performs data calculations.
- Cleans manufacturing areas, including walls, ceilings and floors.
- Accurately completes required documentation of events and tasks related to assigned work, including logbooks, batch records, etc.
- Reports variance or deviation from standard procedures to department management.
- Prepares coating solution
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of relevant experience, HS Diploma, and a Certificate to FETAC level 6 (GSL)
- Familiarity with written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Master Batch Records
- Sufficient verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required, to communicate information to peers and team lead.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications and administrative policies
- Ability to follow direction and work with only moderate supervision.
- Prior experience in a cGMP related industry is desirable.
- Must be able to work on a rotational shift schedule alternating between day shift and grave shift.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shift schedules.
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be able to work holidays
- Must be able to operate and qualify for respirator usage
- Must be able to see and distinguish all colors and shades
- Must be able to stand for a continuous 4 hours
- Must be able to change into Gilead gowns and work attire as required for the task.
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs
- Routinely lift 25 lbs
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ********** for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.