Mexico City, Mexico \r
Corporate Functions \r
Strategy and Analysis \r
Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis - Mexico \r
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 167 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix launched in Mexico in 2011 and opened its Mexico City office in 2019. Today, the office counts ~25 employees and is rapidly expanding. As one of our first international markets and offices, the region and the team continue to play a vital role in our ongoing growth outside of the US.
As Netflix continues to grow in Mexico and Spanish-speaking Latin America, the Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Manager to lead Strategic and Financial Analysis for our Latin American initiative. The Content Strategy & Analysis team develops strategic insights to further the company's global content efforts and is primarily responsible for deal valuation, programming strategy and analytics, competitive analysis and user behavioral analysis.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management within the organization. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions, such as the management of our Mexican and Latin American content investment model.
This role will reside in Netflix's Mexico City and involves close coordination with members of the CS&A team in Los Angeles. You will report to the Head of Content Strategy & Analysis for Latin America & Spain, based in Los Angeles. As the first CS&A representative in Mexico, you will be a key thought partner and go-to person for the Content and Creative Teams as well as the Production Finance and Business Affairs teams.
- Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Creative and Business Affairs teams
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
- Work cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights teams. \r
- 6-9 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 1-4 years post-MBA experience
- Expertise in the entertainment industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus, though not required
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
- The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly "roll up their sleeves" to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
- Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA preferred but not required.
- English and Portuguese language fluency mandatory
- Passion for content with ideally a good knowledge of Mexican and Latin American shows
- Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us. \r