Role Value Proposition: Tasked with all software testing, MetLife AMS is looking for a driven hands-on technical lead test consultant with strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to collaboratively work with global teams. This is a technical position where you will team in a fast-paced, agile environment, partnering closely with various technology teams and Program Managers to deliver high quality software solutions. This role will play a key part in collaborating with the team responsible for delivering testing services for programs varying in complexity and helping to build, maintain, streamline and consolidate existing manual and automated testing strategies/frameworks while designing and building innovative testing strategies.
• Lead the delivery of specialized testing services for software changes of varying complexity
• Exhibit expertise of modern software testing practices that inform successful agile processes
• Cultivate a diverse and creative environment that helps challenge and strengthen the team and those around you.
• Exhibit expertise in areas of focus to include: test automation, test data management, service virtualization, digital/mobile testing, test management, big data/analytics, performance and security
• Provide expertise to the team to implement and ingrain automation enablers, e.g. test data management, service virtualization, security and environmental readiness
• Partner with technology teams to leverage practices and tools for delivering in a bimodal environment
• Provide technical expertise of system architecture. Drive and recommend optimal testing strategies for various applications.
• Promote a DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or the equivalent experience
• 8+ years Hands on experience in software engineering or quality engineering/testing
• Software Analysis & Design knowledge/experience with a solid background in Software Quality & Testing.
• Must have hands-on experience having performed both functional and non-functional testing
• Extensive technical skills covering products and technical knowledge. Sound knowledge of data and environment management is essential. Strong hands on expertise for automation
• A strong background in agile practices and hands on experience in extending Quality Engineering practices to Agile
• Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
• Experience working with offshore teams and vendor delivery partners
• Good knowledge of current industry wide quality & test processes and practices, tools and techniques - their applicability and impact.
• Must be able mentor Testing team members in tools and practices
• Understanding of DevOps principles
• Bilingual (English, Spanish)
• ASE, CSM or SSM, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSTE / MBT, CISSP certified
• Finance/Insurance industry experience
• Experience with Agile/Paired Programming
• Hands-on experience with Service Virtualization using open source or commercial tools
• Experience in transformational technical and operational change through and across organizational structures
• Experience in integrating Test Data Management processes and exposure tools like Optim, Delphix, Test Data Manager
• Experience with Veracode, Qualys, or similar quality scanning software
• Experience with technology eco system that supports end to end micro services architecture, such as API’s, message queues, containers, service registry/discovery
• Strong knowledge of Big Data applications testing methodologies, process and tools
• Experience working on cloud implementation/migration programs
• Portuguese, is a plus