Responsible for purchasing of raw materials, maintenance-repair & offices (MRO) and tools for the Tijuana site, developing relationships with key and local suppliers, maintaining a strict control on the ERP system information.
• Purchasing raw materials from various commodities looking for best Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) - Competitive pricing considering Service, Quality, Freight, Replenisment frequency, etc.
• Ensure continous supply and communicate any potential risk or actual issue that might interrupt production operations and / or budgeted cost of material.
• Use the best commercial practices to optimize the inventory levels with our inventory policies.
• Follow up on items in Quarantine to communicating with vendors about any Quality/Shipping Complain.
• Update MRP parameters.
• Create efficient relationships with suppliers and continuously evaluate their performance.
• Manage daily MRO purchasing related activities such as RFQs, purchase orders, requisitions and lead-time inquiries. Ensuring accurate and timely flow of MRO related requisitions through ERP & IPOS System.
• Develop and execute effective bidding, negotiation and pricing strategies to provide the best value in the market for dollar spent.
• Work cross functionally to ensure Procurement strategy is aligned with the needs of stakeholders in Engineering, Maintenance and Logistics departments.
• Plan, execute and track an annual business plan focused on delivering cost savings and total cost of ownership benefits.
• Manage pre-determinate spare part inventory for all department in IPOS System.
Experiencia y requisitos
• Bachelor’s degree on Industrial Engineering or Business Administration related.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience as buyer & MRO management.
• Active knowledge on ERP systems and MS Office.
• 90% English required.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical skills is a must.
• Decision making skills.
• A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost-effective solutions.
• Negotiations skills.