The QA Analyst is responsible for executing test plans, test scripts, and test cases. QA Analysts are responsible for clearly documenting the results of their testing. QA Analysts perform various types of testing including regression, integration, and system testing. Analysts may work on Wintel, Mainframe, and/or Web applications. QA Analysts work collaboratively with the Project Managers, Business Analysts and Developers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Facilitate the QA function by providing line of business expertise on systems and processes, and business requirements.
* Manage assigned projects in designated area of responsibility by prioritizing tasks and adhering to deadlines to meet department objectives and individual performance metrics.
* Analyze business requirements and technical specifications for completeness, redundancy, ambiguity and testability.
* Provide input on all test plans and scripts for assigned area of responsibility and execute test cases.
* Quickly learn and understand front-end applications to ensure quality testing is executed.
* Define and identify testing scope, risks, assumptions used to design, build and prioritize test cases.
* Support defect management with creation of defects, providing information to app dev on expected outcome and retesting when assigned. Participate in defect triage meetings.
* Ability to learn and understand and follow established QA procedures.
* Write detailed test scripts.
* Update and maintain traceability matrices to ensure test coverage.
* Execute test scripts accurately and efficiently.
* Capture and communicate the results of testing accurately and clearly.
* Provide accurate report of test progress to the management team and follow up with development team on defects.
* Participate in root cause analysis discussions for all defects.
* Pro-actively follow up with QA management on issues and escalations and provide suggestions for possible resolutions.
* Work with members of Business Analysis, Application Development, and Project Management to assure timely completion of testing plans.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate change and support business needs.
* Build and enhance individual development and skill-set by seeking educational opportunities, participating in available training and researching innovative technology and methodologies to provide strong departmental support
* Contribute to a positive work environment fostering the values of initiative and accountability.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to adhere to established Software Development Lifecycle methods.
* Ability to ensure all documentation is in order to facilitate audit requirements.
* Basic knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle principles.
* Proven analytical planning and problem solving skills.
* Must be proficient in MS Office.
* Ability to write clearly, concisely and be grammatically correct.
* Ability to communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize tasks and interact with development team.
* Ability to share knowledge and provide subject matter expertise within area of responsibility.
* Ability to escalate issues appropriately.
* Strong time management skills and a high respect for timeliness and meeting commitments.
* Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities.
* Experience in a manual software testing role. May have worked in an operational area performing UAT or be a strong performer inquiring about system functionality.
* Working knowledge of a typical Software Development Lifecycle and the appropriate milestones as it relates to quality assurance.
* Working knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, systems, platforms, tools and technologies, hardware, software and services.
* Working knowledge of spreadsheet, database and presentation software both independently and in an integrated fashion.
Sueldo: Desde $ 20000 Hasta $ 20000
Manager :Ira Dworkin Required Travel :Minimal Who are we? VUBIQUITY, part of the Amdocs Media division of Amdocs (NASDAQ: DOX), connects content owners and...
Desde Amdocs Inc. - Jalisco
Publicado hace un mes
Deitec is a solid software company with more than 15 years of experience in information technology Join our work team!!! esquema de pago 100% nominal...
Desde Deintec - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace un mes
Luxoft is a top quality IT service provider of high-end business solutions to clients across the globe. With deep domain expertise in the finance, telecom...
Desde Luxoft - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace un mes