Org. Setting and ReportingThe United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) was established in 1948 to encourage economic cooperation among its member states. It is one of five regional commissions under the administrative direction of United Nations headquarters. ECLAC has 44 member States and eight non-independent territories in the Caribbean, and reports to the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). ECLAC maintains subregional offices in Mexico City and in Port-of-Spain, country offices in Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo and Bogotá, and a liaison office in Washington, D.C.
The Subregional Headquarters of ECLAC in Mexico was founded in 1951. It provides technical advice to governments of the countries of the subregion (Mexico, Cuba, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Haiti and Panama) in various socio-economic, technical and financial fields, as well as on development matters and integration issues. The subregional office in Mexico is comprised of five substantive units on Economic Development, Social Development, Agricultural Development, International Trade and Industry, and Energy and Natural Resources, in addition to the Office of the Director, the Administration Section, the Editorial, Documents and Conference Services Unit, and the Information Resource Centre and Publications Distribution Unit (Visit http://www.eclac.cl/mexico/).
ResponsibilitiesThe candidate, under general guidance of the Associate Information Systems Officer of the Information and Communications Technology Unit of ECLAC-Mexico City, is expected to work on the following duties and activities:
• Acts as focal point for receipt and processing of user requests.
• Provides basic technical support on relevant hardware and software systems applications in assigned area.
• Installs application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
• Provides basic support in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of customized application software systems; works with senior IT staff on the definition and specification of requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype application software based on detailed instructions; installs and maintains software systems.
• Supports senior staff in the creation and maintenance of application software within Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 and web-based architectures, etc.; assists in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
• Provides support on software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; assists with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to requirements; requests, implements, provides operational support and maintains various applications.
• Maintains regular contact with users and technical staff in user offices and provides support as required.
• Conducts research on new technologies as requested; keeps abreast of developments in the field; assists in testing and evaluating new products and technologies.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The intern will gain experience in work related to the design, development, operation and management of general and specialized information, research and publication services, systems and networks to support ECLAC programs and to raise awareness of ECLAC research and data.
CompetenciesTeamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; Places team agenda before personal agenda; Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks "outside the box"; Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; Shows willingness to learn new technology.
EducationThe following criteria are used to determine eligibility for the ECLAC Internship Programme:
a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher, i.e. Master’s or equivalent, Ph.D. or post-graduate degree) in Information and Technology Sciences, or Engineering field, will be an advantage;
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) Have graduated with a university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
Work ExperienceApplicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
LanguagesFor this internship, fluency in Spanish is required. Knowledge of English is desirable.
AssessmentPotential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Special NoticeThe internship is for a minimum of two months with the possibility of extension up to a maximum of six months, depending on the needs of the department and availability of the intern.
Interns are not paid and are responsible for all expenses related to the internship.
ECLAC accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon awarding an internship, candidates will be required to sign a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of the conditions of service.
Interns normally work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or papers based on such information except with the explicit authorization of ECLAC.
Applicants must :
Be computer literate in standard office software applications;
Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the UN Charter; and
Have demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation Date (when will you be graduating from the programme)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- List your top three areas of interest/department preferences
- Explain why you are the best candidate for that specific department(s).
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
In your Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experience, IT skills, and three references.
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
United Nations ConsiderationsAccording to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the United Nations if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term “sexual exploitation” means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term “sexual abuse” means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the inst...
Empresa del Sector Automotriz por arranque solicita Reclutador Sr. Experiencia y requisitos: -3 años Experiencia en Empresas del Sector Automotriz reclutando...
Desde Grupo Prodensa - Guanajuato
Publicado hace un mes
•Apoyo en funciones administrativas •Atención y asistencia a empleados •Armado y control de expedientes •Manejo y control de base de datos •Soporte en...
Desde Sds De México, S. De R.L. De C.V. - Baja California
Publicado hace un mes
- Revisión de asistencia - Atención al personal - Supervisar de programas de rh - Actualización de expedientes - Captura prenomina - Seguimiento a actividades...
Desde Gt Service - Baja California
Publicado hace un mes
• Responsable de la coordinación del transporte de visitas del Corporativo y del personal administrativo según se requiera. • Reportes de consumo y...
Desde Ossur México, S. De R. L. De C.V. - Baja California
Publicado hace un mes