Healthy & Safety Engineer-005OY3Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Safety Prevention Specialist - Environment & Safety Officer ensures compliance with regulatory requirements concerning Occupational Health and Safety, with respect to Environmental Protection and the protection of property and information (safety). He plays the benchmark role in these fields and is the special contact of the site manager or the business managers present on the site. He coordinates prevention in these areas, monitors performance, and proposes and deploys continuous improvement actions. He represents the delegate of authority in these areas.
This Employee will be in charge of:
• Manage the risk assessment review process and support team leaders to develop improvement programmes to reduce risks.
• Develop health promotion and accident-prevention programmes, which ensure compliance with the continuous improvement element of the H&S policy.
• Design, plan, conduct and/or co-ordinate appropriate health and safety training programs (i.e. manual handling, electrical safety, first aid, etc)
• Educate and coach managers and team leaders on how they can best improve the safety performance of their teams.
• Monitor H&S performance and feedback information to managers and safety committee through regular meetings.
• Review emergency response procedures and organize regular fire evacuations.
• Work with the Health & Safety Manager to develop innovative methods to reduce the cost of legal claims and insurance.
• Work closely with the manufacturing engineering team to ensure that line changes are compliant with H & S requirements.
• Prepare and present end of year results to the management team.
Requirements:Knowledge in safety and healthy norms (ISO 14000, OSHAS 18000)
Experience of 2 years in similar position.
Experience in trainings for people about healthy & safety measures.
Previous Documentation of a crisis, handle and response to a crisis.
Coordination and creation of brigades and audits
Operational people management
Experience in continuous improvement projects, lean manufacturing, six sigma, 5’s.
IMSS (disabilities, work accidents) and STPS relations.
Skills: Leadership, team work, proactive, communication, organized, analytical mind.
English intermediate – advanced.
Bachelor’s degree in health areas.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.