The Food Safety Manager will develop and oversee all of the food safety regulations, policies, and procedures for harvest / growing operations in Mexicali area.The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce safety and food safety standards, policies, and programs including GMP’s, GAP’s, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
1. Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements.
2. Develop and maintain documentation such as SOP’s, audits, trainings, as well as maintenance of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concerns.
3. Conduct facility food safety audits as well as manage third party audits in the cooler, ranches, and harvest crews
4. Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the cooler meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards.
5. Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements.
6. Assist employees with training to ensure compliance.
7. Work closely with Operations Manager, Food Safety Director and/or General Manager on any food safety or quality assurance issues.
8. Oversee proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requirements.
9. Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times.
Experiencia y requisitos
A minimum of 2-3 years of food safety experience, with management level experience.
Comprehensive knowledge of GMP’s, and GAP’s.
Previous experience with Organic, LGMA, Davis Fresh, Primus, and/or CCOF audits desirable.
Must be able to travel as required to various ranches around and possible outside of Mexico for training purposes.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Able to work unsupervised and manage independently.
Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English / Spanish reading and writing desirable.
Must be flexible with work hours and days.
Previous knowledge in Organic growing/harvesting