Finance Manager Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
What you will do:
Job Scope & Purpose:
By joining Johnson Controls, you’ll be part of a team that plays an essential role in helping to create a safe, comfortable and sustainable world. As a globally diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees work to create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to create smart cities and communities.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders in everything that we do.
Our Record to Report team are responsible for completing general accounting transactions across the JCI business portfolio, whilst at the same time, ensuring that we meet our internal and external reporting and control requirements. This role provides excellent opportunities to apply existing skills in a complex and interesting environment, whilst developing your professional profile through the use of varied ERPs, directly enhancing your career potential.
How you will do it:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Take full responsibility for the timely and accurate (program) reporting of financial results
• Full compliance with Local and US GAAP accounting rules, where applicable
• Full SOX compliance
• Achieve FY Profit Plan financial targets
• Management of teams across continents, including services outsourced to 3rd party company
• Guarantee compliance with JCI procedures for all Team / Group Members
• Set-up of Team Structure to support above
• Manage, motivate and develop Team Members
• Ensure the timely reporting of key financial information; monitor the performance and quality of the activities performed based on agreed Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”)
• Ensure that external partners (e.g. PWC) and regional partners receive accurate and on-time information
• Ensure complete, accurate and timely processing of daily transactional volume
• Drive benchmark studies with competitors and other JCI organizations to improve efficiencies and/ or control environment
• Formulates and administers approved accounting
• Deliver department's continuous improvement savings
• Establish clear objectives for performance and quality across all Corporate / BU Finance departments
What we look for:
• BA/ MBA degree in economics graduated in business administration/ management especially accounting, finance, controlling or adequate professional experience focusing on Finance/ Accounting
• Min 6 years experience in the Accounting department of an industrial company or in an accounting firm (preferable audit background)
• US GAAP experience, Finance Analysis, (MS-Office, SAP, Oarcle, iScala & HFM experience)
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Professional accountancy qualifications such as CPA, CIMA, ACCA, ACA FIA are advantage
• Shared Service Center experience
Johnson Controls does not request pregnancy or HIV testing as a requirement for admission, permanence or promotion.