3304631 Engineering Technician Aviation Engineering GE Aviation Mexico Essential Responsibilities
1.- Work on the metallurgical preparation and analysis of samples from different turbo-machinery and externals hardware. 2.- Perform detailed optical measurements of characteristics from diverse samples/hardware.
3.- Collaborate for creation of draft reports on outcomes of metallurgical analyses ensuring schedule requirements are met.
4.- Support Material's Lab logistics, helping on the development of operation, safety and quality procedures.
5.- Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
6.- Awareness and collaboration on laboratory process improvement by following lean, six sigma and quality guidelines.
7.- Continually learn and apply techniques relative to sample preparation and evaluation.
8.- Support laboratory projects planning schedule by providing inputs for time and resources need.
9.- Keep organization and clean procedures (5s methodology) along with compliance to EHS lab requirements.
Materials lab technician for laboratory metallographic sample preparation, inspection and testing in support to Failure Analysis, hardware characterizations, metallurgical analyses and testing of different samples and parts from Aviation, Marine and Industrial engines.
• Technical Degree or materials/chemical related discipline studies. • English language requirements: must be able to understand most of a simple conversation, ask simple questions and communicate simple ideas. Comprehension of English written texts.
• Experience in the use of laboratory equipment for metallographic preparation and inspection techniques.
• Basic knowledge on materials, microstructures and manufacturing methods such as welding, brazing, coatings and heat treatments.
• ONLY PEOPLE WITH A LEGAL WORK PERMIT FOR MEXICO WILL BE CONSIDERED.
• Failure analysis basic principles. • Microscopy knowledge and experience.
• Fast learning for the use of lab equipment
• Time management skills in order to meet workload deadlines
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com