The successful applicant will be required to provide effective and skilled IT assistance across the region and will be reporting directly to the Regional End user Support manager. The successful applicant is responsible for supporting and maintaining of all IT-related hardware/software across the region with a primary focus on the base office as well as Supporting and assisting in the maintenance of all IT Infrastructure – Including but not limited to CCTV, UPS/Backup Power, Mobile Phones, Wireless devices installed onsite. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities with a fresh and dynamic team.
The position will involve but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility:
• Diagnose and resolve day to day technical issues
• Escalate IT issues to the Regional End User Support Manager where necessary
• Responsible for managing Inventory and champion stock control.
• Provide remote support to users in other regions.
• Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Regional End User Support Manager.
• Provide End User and server support throughout Africa.
• Support and maintain Server, Network and Server room under instruction from global teams
• Setting up and configuring new equipment in line with business expectations
• Adhere and actively work to maintaining global IT standards
• Provide effective basic user training and new user inductions.
• Install and troubleshoot authorised software.
• Ensuring security and upgrades are applied correctly and kept up to end user equipment.
• Antivirus installation on all end User equipment
• Responsible for logging and tracking warranty repairs
• Reporting faults and maintaining records on server and site outages.
• Completing internal user/desk moves including peripherals and printers.
• Patching of network and phones
• Ensuring neat and well maintained Desks, Meeting, patch and server rooms.
• Ensure all IT equipment in meeting rooms are neat and functional state.
• Complete daily site checks
• Submit weekly reports to the Regional End User Support Manager.
• Requesting and tracking of IT purchases.
• Providing basic support and troubleshooting on APC and related UPS/Cabinet Power equipment
• Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence
• Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Regional End User Support Manager
• Assist with weekend on call support as and when required or as assigned by the Regional End User Support Manager
• Additional responsibilities as requested by the Regional End User Support Manager
• Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
• Provide assistance as required to the Regional End User Support Manager
• Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
• Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Strong knowledge of Win 7 & 10 and Active Directory.
• Strong working knowledge of industry standard End User imaging and packaging.
• Strong understanding of trading platforms would be advantageous.
• Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 - 2016 required. Knowledge of Visio, MS Projects a plus.
• Working knowledge of networking routers, firewalls, switches such as Cisco, Citrix, VPN, and Link optimisation appliances.
• Working knowledge of spyware/malware removal tools and techniques.
• Working knowledge of MS Intune a plus (add, remove, reactivate, migrate users etc.)
• Strong written and spoken English essential (French and Portuguese advantageous)
• Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of an organization. Proven ability to support end users on all levels, as well as collaborate with all levels of IT staff.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise strong technical and business judgment in mission critical IT support functions with-in financial services trading environments.
• Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills must have an abiding curiosity and interest in IT.
• Driven to provide superior support. Demonstrated a true ownership mentality to service and problem resolution.
• Ability to be on-call on a scheduled basis; or as sometimes required work long hours to resolve client issues.
• Be able to travel at very short notice to any and all countries where there are active operations.
Internal IT Teams
Third party vendors
Ciudad: mexico city
OUR OFFER: · Competitive payroll income. · Benefits: 10% bimonthly bonus. Paid vacations, equal to 15 days, instead of 6 days. Christmas bonus, equal to 2...
Desde Georgal Idiomas - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace un mes
ESTAMOS EN BUSQUEDA DE PERSONAL QUE NOS APOYE DESDE SU DEPARTAMENTO O CASA EMPACA Y EMBOLSALLAVEROS PARA CELULAR EN TUS TIEMPOS LIBRES. ENTREGAS INMEDIATAS...
Desde Confidencial - Ciudad de México (Distrito Federal)
Publicado hace un mes
Welcome Welcome to FedEx Express Latin America and Caribbean Division Employment Opportunities Site! FedEx is widely acknowledged as a world-class company. We...
Desde Fedex - Tabasco
Publicado hace un mes