Description As a Material Requirement Planning Supervisor at Caterpillar, you will supervise the material planning and functions for the facility, ensuring material availability and POU availability and drive disciplined inventory systems usage and collaboration with material suppliers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and directs the material planning and material logistic functions to meet the facility plan objectives and satisfy customer needs Interfaces with Operations, Business Resources, Global Purchasing, Suppliers, Logistics, Engineering and worldwide Cat facilities.
- Plans, initiates, and maintains a material procurement process that establishes and achieves the least total cost, best quality and timely delivery for facility material purchases from internal/external suppliers. Includes managing inventory and record accuracy through monitoring shortage / surplus exception, supplier follow ups, negative on-hands and daily delivery performance
- Develops and directs internal/external material flow planning involving more than one facility or a complex material flow plan.
- Implements efficient supplier and interplant material supply plans.
- Meets production and parts requirements while optimizing inventory levels, lot sizing, lead times, packaging, and transportation costs.
- Works directly with facility Supply Chain Planning Engineers to create the plan for every part.
- Provides subject matter expertise and collaboration support for the development of material logistics plans.
- Acts as liaison between external suppliers, supply chain performance and supply chain planning to drive optimized flow plans and to support increased material velocity.
- Provides direct support to manufacturing operations through managing incoming requirements and scheduling of production work orders.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to support facility Sales and Operations Planning.
- Provides leadership and support to projects driving the implementation of improved supply-base management.
- Establishes and nurtures supplier relationships.
- Leads facility projects that identify and implement methods to assure suppliers are meeting Caterpillar's technological, communication, material delivery, financial management, and quality needs.
- Provides material requirements expertise to project teams implementing supplier-quality improvement efforts, Six Sigma projects and Lean Events as required.
- Selects, trains and assists direct reports while providing career guidance and opportunity for added experience and training.
- Supervises Supply Chain Development program participants, ensuring a robust developmental experience in alignment with the standard rotationrequirements.
- Develops staff skills by focusing on evaluative / analytical thinking, innovative approaches to problem solving and team building.
- Bachelor's degree
- English 80-100% (written, read and spoken)
- +5 years of increasing responsible supply chain experience
- In-depth understanding of supply base utilization
- Strong knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
- Ability to use and troubleshoot the ERP/MRP
- Knowledge and/or experience in material planning / control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in Material Planning, Logistics and 6 Sigma
- APICS certified
- QAD EE experience