The Small and Medium Business (SMB) segment at Microsoft is at the leading edge of our transformation. It is a tremendous
growth engine for the company, driven by exponential growth in cloud as well as continued momentum in the traditional on- premises business. Dedicated to empowering every SMB worldwide to achieve more, this high performing team delivers
compelling Microsoft cloud solutions to millions of customers globally, growing revenue and market share while enabling a
high level of customer and partner experience.
The CPM Manager is at the center of our transformation, where the focus is on innovating our go to market capability and
capacity to best serve SMB customers at scale. This requires continuous innovation and evolution of our sales engagement
strategy, while remaining centered on the SMB customer. As the Mexico SMB CPM Manager, you will be the business owner of
Microsoft’s SMB business and the SMB customer advocate across the Country.
To be successful, you must have deep understanding of the SMB market, customer acquisition engines and upsell/cross-sell motions across services/products and the respective routes to market. You will manage a team of SMB Customer Program Managers to drive alignment on the SMB strategy working across a team of key business partners from the partner, products and services, marketing, and operations
teams, via the development of a holistic SMB business plan, and ensure always on execution with the right level of
investments to address SMB customer needs and accelerate their digital transformation.
The SMB CPM Manager core accountabilities include:
- Attracting, developing and retaining the best talent
- SMB billed revenue, cloud usage/consumption and cloud mix
- SMB new cloud customer acquisition and growth
The SMB Customer Program Manager achieves impact mainly through:
- High Performing Team Development: Beginning with making SMB an inspiring organization where people are the
most valuable asset; build a dynamic/agile team, passionate and focused on delivering business outcomes through a
culture of execution excellence. Provide ongoing coaching and development opportunities to enable each individual
on the team realize their potential.
- Strategy Leadership: The role is directly accountable for the all up SMB business performance. As the leader of the Mexico SMB team, the SMB CPM Manager is accountable for identifying growth opportunities, defining strategies, prioritizing sales plays, developing the go-to-market execution plan, identifying channel capacity needs and securing necessary investments to ensure Microsoft realizes its full SMB growth potential. Therefore, the individual should
possess deep business insights into local mexican SMB market dynamics, knowledge of political/legislative requirements, and
demonstrate strategy leadership in the formulation of a robust business plan working in alignment with key SMB
business partners to deliver short term results and build a foundation for long term sustained success.
- Cross Team Collaboration: The SMB business model requires a high degree of collaboration across key business
partners such as Channel Partner, Product and Commercial Marketing, Sales Excellence, Finance, etc. The SMB CPM Manager is an effective and efficient collaborator and team leader able to drive alignment, execution, and results via extended teams.
- Customer/Partner Engagement and New Business Incubation: The SMB CPM Manager is responsible for supplementing global data with local insights to optimize for customer life time value through acquisition, retention and growth strategies leveraging scalable routes to market. The individual should leverage their strong local SMB market insights on customer preferences, competitive dynamics, and digital maturity to execute global core sales
plays while identifying local sales plays to optimize demand generation and influence execution across the routes to