Our client is a global technology consulting and digital solutions company helping more than 300 clients succeed in a converging world. They go the extra mile for their clients and accelerate their digital transformation with Mosaic platform enabling their mobile, social, analytics, IoT and cloud journeys.
Our client is a USD 14 million company with 104,000+ professionals across the 5 continents, helping global customers with innovations solutions.
The Group operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in the construction industry, financial industry and technological.
We are currently searching for a strong Commissioning engineer to support the data connectivity and configuration of the full spectrum of Monitoring & Diagnostics (M&D) solutions. The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for all technical and complex configuration and execution of equipment installations at customer sites, with expertise in working with MS Windows 2012 OS, server virtualization technology (like VMware etc.) for creating virtual machines, cloud historian/ database (time series) environments. Prior experience working on Historians and tag management is essential along with basic knowledge on industrial networking and IT side. Experience working on industrial automation products like (DCS/PLC/SCADA/OPC) will be an added advantage.
- Responsible for supporting data connectivity and configuration of the full spectrum of M&D solutions.
- The Commissioning resource is responsible for all technical and complex configuration and execution of equipment installations at customer sites, with expertise in working with MS Windows 2012 OS (and older when applicable) and virtual machines, and cloud historian/ database environments.
- Lead the setup and configuration of complex data connectivity solutions, through M&D hardware, software, and network connections installed at customer premises
- Act as single point of contact for technical decisions on system configuration, with project teams and end customers to ensure customer satisfaction and business success with technical M&D delivery that meets specification, is on time, within budget, and to contractual requirements
- Remotely configure the factory set-up server at site to the GE standard setup with in-house applications that will collect data from the customer’s controller/ systems. Ensure the pre-defined data parameters are collecting and storing the information in the local server. Tags (equipment-specific data points) are mapped correctly to the standard setup
- Configure the new customer information on a central historian, both static and cloud-based. This may be through production tools or backend interfaces. This also includes addition of the tags into Asset Model classes as needed. Insert or update new assets in Asset Model
- Be able to follow written procedures and help develop new procedures as business requirements evolve. Develop a process for fully digital solutions to bring all customer data tags back and develop a process for configuring when not included in standards
- During initial set-up, be able to work on central databases to troubleshoot any parameter disrupting the flow of data from local server to central system. Deploy analytics in the local server and central system for the specific customer(s) data during initial connection
- Provide status to PM and stakeholders and track technical schedule/ deliverable completion. Complete all workflows with highest quality content and complete handoff checklist along with project team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Controls/Instrumentation Engineering, Robotics, or related Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on Windows based systems, including and not limited to Windows 2008R2/ 2012R2 systems.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine setup and configuration
- Experience in SQL Database, GE proficy and OSI PI historian Database
- Knowledge of network equipment (servers, routers, firewalls, switches); knowledge of industrial control systems; knowledge on basic networking concepts on IT side
- Experience working in an independent and highly matrixed environment, coordinating across multiple sites, functions, and time zones, with simultaneous projects
- Experienced with MS Visio, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Desires taking on responsibility for business success and interfacing regularly with business leadership
- English advance
- Spanish Native
If you meet these qualifications and are pursuing new challenges that focus on delivering innovative solutions that increase business value, we’d like to talk with you today. Come be a part of the action at Sequoia Connect.