Collections Specialist - GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Responsible for analyzing, designing strategies and sharing best collection practices, solution programs, restructuring and attention to the direction and area of ??operations to consult evidence of property recovery and loss. As well as giving support for the preparation of periodic and extraordinary information presentations for the area management related to collection, as well as advice on documents and legal processes, linked to claims and audits of origination and collection.
• Receive and manage the collection information, solution and restructuring programs reported monthly by customers
• Develop analysis of collection information, solution programs and restructures as well as potential risks
• Propose collection strategies, solution programs and restructures
• Follow up on the implementation of collection strategies, solution programs and restructuring by the client.
• Develop manuals and processes related to collection activities, solution programs and restructures
• Propose system improvements to automate the collection process, solution programs and restructures
• Maintain good communication and good relationship with the Insured to identify needs in terms of collections, solution programs and restructures
• Derived from the collection reports identify potential losses for the main clients
• Actively participate in "due diligence" on the Operative Processes of clients regarding collection and solution programs
• Advise auditors and claims analysts on legal and credit related documents
• Review the results of the audits conducted of the judicial and extrajudicial collection process.
• Support when required to the QA area of ??new assurances.
• Support when necessary to the claims area in the process of registering claims
• Make presentations and reports of the area periodically or extraordinarily for the Area Management.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience in judicial, administrative and extrajudicial collection of mortgage loans years 5
• Knowledge of mortgage loans
• Knowledge in judicial processes
• Knowledge in design of collection strategies, solution programs and restructures
• Knowledge in audits of judicial and administrative collection of preference
• Knowledge in portfolio management of preference.
• General knowledge in insurance matters and regulation / applicable legislation
• Knowledge and experience of telephone and field collections of mortgage loans
• Knowledge and experience in Excel, PP, Word, database management and preparation of presentations
• Communication skills in English, verbal and written
• Oral and written communications skills
• Orientation to results
• Analytical skills
• Leadership skills
• Ability to integrate interdisciplinary teams
• Focus on the client
ACADEMIC LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
• University Degree. Preferible Law Degree or experience equivalent.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS (S)
Special working conditions:
• Availability to travel, as needed