The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own our largest and most important customer issues in addition to providing level two support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Technical Solutions team is driven by customer obsession and you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers & developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, software development, or product operations management.
- Experience in advocating for customer issues or needs.
- Experience with distributed, columnar and/or analytic oriented databases or distributed data processing frameworks.
- Experience with open source distributed storage and processing utilities in the Apache Hadoop family and/or workflow orchestration products.
- Experience with machine learning technologies, including developing and/or training models or implementing solutions which rely on invoking such models.
- Background in data analytics, warehousing, ETL development, data science or other Big Data applications.
- Understanding of basic web technologies. Understanding of TCP/IP concepts, Unix/Linux basic administration and commands.
- Excellent attention to detail, troubleshooting, and written and verbal communication skills within a fast-paced setting.
- Manage the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams.