The Buyer will provide leadership in tactical and strategic activities related to the timely acquisition of materials and effective flow of communication and associated paperwork. This role performs the necessary activities in accordance with Honeywell Sensing and Control’s standard sourcing processes while providing support to operations ensuring all metrics are met. The successful candidate will drive and implement process improvements, system enhancements and continue to improve productivity and efficiency within this function.
This position will also require a strong customer focus and ensure supply lines are developed and executed to ensure all customer aspirations are met in terms of delivery, quality and flexibility; this may also require increased demand solutions and provide acceptable plans that realize these requirements.
• Purchasing execution - Tactical creation of purchase orders based on planners demand forecast and requisitions.
• Places purchase orders with approved suppliers per appropriate agreements.
• Invoice discrepancies - Immediately resolves all issues relating to invoices on hold.
• Conducts negotiations of purchase value and terms on spot buys, site unique suppliers and/or commodities not currently covered under existing agreements.
• Manages purchasing system alerts (e.g., invoice, quantity, etc.).
• Acts as liaison between factory operations, suppliers, and sourcing organization.
• Submits and continually updates forecasts provided by production planners.
• Communicates quality & delivery discrepancies.
• Participates in teams to target & implement replenishment programs that improve supplier lead time.
• Promotes best practice sharing around replenishment process with other buyers.
• Processes Engineering Change Requests.
• Complies with all approved sourcing processes and policies.
• Works with the Regional Purchasing Manager to drive continuous improvement activities and best practices across the tactical team to achieve daily efficiency improvements and achieving ISC metrics.
Experiencia y requisitos
• 2 years of experience in procurement.
• Bachelor Degree
• Materials Requirement Planning and/or Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning experience.
• APICS or ISM certification.
• Electronic components and precious metals sourcing.
• Leadership - strong managerial skills to work across all functions and levels of an organization; ability to lead change; effectively establishes high performing teams and role models high performance standards.
• Communication and Interpersonal – crisp verbal skills for velocity plus effective listening skills; effective facilitation and presentation skills; demonstrates high energy and models behaviors to motivate the team.
• Execution – persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Technical – high competency in computer related skills; able to learn and adapt to using new software programs and tools with ease and high efficiency. Oracle & SAP experience.
• Supplier OTTR
• Supplier WALT
• Purchase Order Response Time
• Expedite Response Time
• Invoices on Hold
• Contract Execution Adherence (Supplier and Price)
• Purchase Price Variance
• Productivity savings
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.