About PayJoy PayJoy's mission is to deliver access to credit to the next billion people in emerging markets worldwide. Our unique mobile security technology creates collateral that enables customers to afford their first smartphone on credit and then allows them further access to credit to help weather life's unexpected financial surprises and climb the ladder of economic well-being.
Founded in 2015, today PayJoy has reached hundreds of thousands of customers in a dozen countries around the globe, from Mexico to Indonesia, India, Kenya, and Nigeria, and is on a strong growth path with support from major industry partners to bring credit to millions in 2020.
PayJoy is hiring a Business Development Manager for Mexico who can help us scale the business throughout the country. The right candidate will be a talented and ambitious leader, looking for a high-growth opportunity at a high-impact startup, while also deeply motivated by, and aligned with PayJoy’s mission to empower the next billion smartphone users.
As BD Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic business plans to attract potential partners, retain existing ones, build new business models and scale strategic partnerships in Mexico. To be successful in this role, you must be entrepreneurial, competitive in nature, self-driven, ambitious and a creative thinker with an engaging personality.
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, strong negotiators, and someone who can ensure PayJoy stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Identify, source and scale PayJoy’s partnerships in Mexico, bringing in new business and building a strong revenue pipeline.
- Formulate market launching strategies supported by creative problem-solving and negotiate complex deals with new partners.
- Develop relationships and grow existing and new partners in our businesses.
- Work with other PayJoy Teams to ensure successful execution of regional projects.
- Be able to simplify and synthesize complex structures to communicate value effectively.
- Travel within Mexico to sign new deals and support PayJoy accounts to grow existing business.
- Nurture strong relationships with our global offices, including San Francisco’s headquarters.
- Be adaptive as needed to support internal and external customer needs.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar is preferred
- At least 7+ years of proven experience in business development, client relationship management, consulting services, or similar fields.
- Self-directed, driven and motivated with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills that can be tailored to deal with customers and enterprise partners.
- Experience within telecommunications, retail, fintech, micro-loans, payments, and/or financial service industries preferred.
- Preferred C-level relationships with Smartphone Retailers and/or Mobile Network Operators
- Strong alignment with PayJoy’s mission and a passion for helping underserved communities.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
What can you expect:
- Convenient location in the heart of Mexico City.
- Annual international trip for full-time employees and regular company offsites.
- Annual grant for continued personal development and education.
- Health insurance.
- Opportunity to work at one of our global offices one week per year (Jakarta, Indonesia; Bangalore, India; and, Johannesburg, South Africa).